Ernest P. Fronzuto
New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Attorney
Woodland Park, New Jersey
Mr. Fronzuto is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. In 2006, he founded the Fronzuto Law Group and concentrates his practice in the areas of plaintiff medical malpractice, product liability, and catastrophic injury matters.
He is a member of the bar in the State of New Jersey and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) and the Passaic County Bar Association. He has frequently lectured and published in the areas of medical malpractice and product liability law. Among his trial and appellate accomplishments, Mr. Fronzuto successfully argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court in the seminal “discovery rule” case of Guichardo v. DeLisi , 177 N.J. 45 (2003), as well as the Patient Safety Act/hospital investigation records case of Brugaletta v. Garcia, 234 N.J. 225 (2018).
Mr. Fronzuto received a B.A. from Susquehanna University and his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal. He served a one-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable John E. Keefe, in the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Following his clerkship, he joined the firm of Shanley & Fisher, P.C. in Morristown (now Drinker Biddle & Reath), one of New Jersey’s largest law firms, where he specialized in the area of product liability and toxic tort defense. He later joined Piro Zinna Cifelli Paris & Genitempo in Nutley, where his practice was concentrated in handling complex plaintiff civil litigation, product liability and medical malpractice matters.
- 90% Medical Malpractice – Plaintiff
- 5% Product Liability – Plaintiff
- 5% Other Negligence/Wrongful Death – Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2006; Recertified 2013
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. – 1997
- Law Journal: Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1997, 1995 – 1997
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1994
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
- Guichardo v. Rubinfeld , 177 N.J. 45 (2001)
- Orbe v. Manitowac, eta. , 2012 WL 738690 (A.D. 2012)
- Brugaletta v. Garcia, 234 N.J. 225 (2018).
- Product Liability A – Z, ICLE, 2003 – 2004
- NJAJ Meadowlands Seminar, Trial Advocacy, 2012
Honors and Awards
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Speaker, “The Boundaries of Common Knowledge: When is an Expert Required and When Does Res Ispa Apply?,” New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) Education Foundation, Winter Seminar 2019
In the News
- N.J.’s top court delivers ‘huge victory’ for patients who sue hospitals and doctors
- Brain-damaged NJ boy gets $14.5 million in settlement
- ‘Simultaneous Surgery’ — What’s Really Going On, When You Go Under?
- Ernest Fronzuto Sworn In As Little Falls Municipal Judge
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association, 1997 – Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 2006 – Present
- Passaic County Bar Association, 2006 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Piro Zinna, Associate, 1999 – 2006
- Shanley & Fisher, Associate, 1998 – 1999
- Hon. John E. Keefe, J.A.D, Law Clerk, 1997 – 199
Pro Bono Activities
- New Jersey Bar Foundation, 2004 – Present
- Phi Mu Delta