New Jersey Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit Attorneys
Advocating for Medical Malpractice Victims in Passaic County and New Jersey
Cerebral Palsy: Understanding the Condition
Cerebral palsy is a broad term that the medical community uses to describe a set of neurological conditions that result in physical developmental disabilities. These disabilities involve total or partial paralysis of the body’s muscles, also known as muscle stiffness or “spasticity.” In many cases, those affected by CP experience uncontrollable tremors, loss of physical sensation, seizures, speech problems and other effects.
Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy usually appear by age 3. The child may:
- Crawl in a strange fashion
- Crawl, walk or talk much later than other children
- Have difficulty feeding
- Be unusually “floppy” or stiff when he or she moves
- Have seizures, vision problems or hearing problems
- Display other signs of abnormal development
Was My Child’s Cerebral Palsy Caused by Medical Malpractice?
Not all CP is caused by the negligence of a medical provider. However, in some unfortunate cases, it is. Cerebral palsy is generally caused by oxygen deprivation, which may potentially be the result of:
- Failure to recognize fetal distress and respond to it promptly
- Failure to order an emergency C-section when necessary
- Failure to test for or treat meningitis, Group B strep or other infections in the pregnant mother
- Failure to diagnose uterine rupture or a prolapsed umbilical cord
- Other types of medical malpractice
Fronzuto Law Group, Attorneys at Law, have the skills and experience necessary to thoroughly investigate your situation, including examining all applicable medical records and interviewing doctors. If you have a valid birth injury case, we will fight diligently for full and fair compensation for your family.
Contact our Passaic County Office to Discuss Your Cerebral Palsy Claim
Contact one of our offices for a free case evaluation about your particular claim: 973-435-4551 (toll free at 888-409-0816).